Eating Considerations

Matthew 6: 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

My husband bought my dad one of the breakfast sandwiches from a fast food restaurant. My dad loved it! My husband was so pleased with my dad’s response, that in a few days he bought my dad another breakfast sandwich. My dad’s response was somewhat pleased.

Still remembering how pleased my dad initially was with the breakfast sandwich, my husband bought my dad another one and my dad’s appreciation for breakfast sandwiches started to wane. He told me that he’d prefer not to have any more breakfast sandwiches.

What I found out was that my dad gets tired of foods very quickly when he has them several times in a short period of time. We found the same thing with Chinese food, which he loves. We got it several times and saw his interest start to wane, so now we only get it every now and then.  Fortunately, God helps us find out what things we need to do to maximize more opportunities for my dad to eat. We feel very blessed to have my dad here with us. Matthew 6: 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.




Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog