Bathroom Adaptations

Mark 9: 23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief.

I felt Christ led my dad to move here, but I was afraid that I wouldn't know what to do to provide for his waning health. I should have realized that if God wanted Him here, He'd show us what we needed to do to support my dad's needs.

The picture of the bathroom to the right is an example of how Christ did that. Since my dad had fallen several times prior to coming here, I was concerned about providing a safe bathing environment. He allowed me to find a bench that goes from the inside of the tub to the outside of it. A person can side down on the outside of the tub, hold the handle on the far side of the bench and pull their feet inside all very safely. Additionally, we had a two way shower head. It could work like a traditional shower if my dad preferred that or it has a shower head on a hose if my dad wanted to shower on the bench.

I feel very blessed that God has allowed us to find the things needed to be the support He wants us to be to my dad. I'm so glad that God helps my unbelief and shows me that things are in God's very capable hands! Mark 9: 23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.
I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.

Caregiving Video: Shower Safety for Seniors
By: Household Guardians via You Tube

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog