Medicare Has Been a Blessing to Us!

Matthew 6: 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

I unsuccessfully tried to hire someone on my own to help my dad with exercises. Fortunately, this same individual told me how to take my dad to the doctor and have him referred for Medicare services. There wasn't really a lot of red tape on our end. We had a Medicare approved RN come out and evaluate my dad to see what his needs were.

He had been losing his ability to walk independently and Medicare through an approved Home Health Agency provided a Physical Therapist. I wanted to make sure that my dad was able to safely use our shower, although he wanted his privacy in this matter. Medicare provided limited services with an Occupational Therapist to make sure that my dad could perform routine actions including bathing safely.

Because my dad had been in the hospital several times moving here, Medicare provided an approved Home Health Nurse who meets with my dad weekly. He has been able to talk directly to my dad where no one else had been successful, especially about his skipping meals. Even the dietitian that was provided couldn't get through to my dad the way this nurse could.

When my dad's walking and ability to care for himself declined further, they provided an Home Health Aide who shaves and bathes my dad twice a week. She has been able to help him keep his self-respect. I couldn't lift the wheelchair donated from the KWVA into the car for doctor's appointments and Medicare provided a lighter weight transport chair for him. I hear people complain about Medicare and I really can't understand why, because Medicare has been a blessing to us! Matthew 6: 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog