Pie, Pie, Pie and more Pie!

Matthew 6: 25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

My dad is a very particular eater. He doesn't want any food too often. He doesn't like most vegetables, but he does like pie. Well, my husband caught on to my dad's love of pie and started buying pies every time he found one discounted. It seemed that we had pie almost every day for months!

I found some things out about the pie. If I put it on the table while he has his regular food he will stop eating his meal and will immediately start eating his pie. Well, that was counterproductive, so I quickly learned to not bring the pie out until after his meal was over. Additionally, if I gave him pie to snack on in the afternoon, he would fill up on that and wouldn't eat any dinner. With how thin my dad is, every additional calorie is of prime importance.

I'm very glad that we've found something that pleases my dad, but we have to watch the timing of giving it to him. It makes both my husband and me very happy to please my dad, but still try to balance his meals as much as we can. Matthew 6: 25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Caregiving Video:Basic Nutrition Advice: Nutrition Tips for Seniors
By: Dietitian Charlotte Lawson on ehowhealth via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog