The Second Best Christmas Present Ever!

And she brought forth her firstborn son [Jesus], and wrapped Him in swaddling clothes, and laid Him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. Luke 2:7

Now, that was the best Christmas present ever! This one was pretty special though! It may seem strange to you to be reading about Christmas presents in the middle of summer, but I'm writing the vast majority of these posts ahead and will schedule them to come out at a later date. Actually, it's New Years Eve 2014.

We called two of our grown children in another state and told them that due to my dad's health condition, we wouldn't be able to drive to their state to see them at Christmas as we usually do. We offered to meet them half way, which one son took us up on.

The other son, his wife, and their son let us in for the surprise of our lives! They told us that they understood about the difficulty traveling for my dad and that they had decided to come to our state for Christmas, so that we could spend Christmas together. I guess, it's the Second best Christmas present ever!

They came and we had wonderful time together. We had outings, we had food, we had mini adventures to a local children's museum and they got to spend time with other family, as well. It was fantastic! What was even more significant than that was the thoughtfulness of this family to come several states away to be here with us, so I didn't have to take my dad out on a long trip. It just melted my heart and brings tears to my eyes every time I think of what a wonderful gift of love they shared with us when they did this. We are truly blessed by our family and all those who got to spend extra time with my dad. And she brought forth her firstborn son [Jesus], and wrapped Him in swaddling clothes, and laid Him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. Luke 2:7


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog