You Got What You Deserve!

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

My dad had some financial decisions that he needed to make for some time now, but he continued to put it off. My husband and I tried unsuccessfully to help him pursue different options, but he didn't want to hear them. He just wanted us to leave him alone!

It was to the point that my dad had almost exceeded the time to do something productive about these financial decisions, but when I tried to talk to him again, he told me that he didn't want to hear it. The first thing that popped into my sinful head is that when this goes sour, I could tell him that he got what he deserved, because he wouldn't make a decision when he needed to, but is that true?

Children run out in the street time and again against being told they shouldn't run in the street or they could get hit by a car. Should an adult say to the child who gets hit that they got what they deserve, because they didn't listen? Of course not! I need to remember that with my dad's health issues, his decision making abilities are somewhat diminished and it's easier for him to put off decisions than to face them head on. I feel truly blessed to have my dad here with us for whatever time that God allows whether my dad makes the decisions he should or not. James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Barbara Nevins Taylor, Consumer MoJo, via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog