Leaving an Inheritance

A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just. Proverbs 13:22

My dad didn't sell his mother's house all those years after she passed, because he wanted it to be an inheritance for his children. He fixed it up and rented it to renters who didn't appreciate all he had done. Time after time, he would have to go in and repair the rental, but always with the idea of it being an inheritance for his children.

Many times I tried to talk my dad into selling the house and take a trip with his wife or for them to do something fun with the money. I hated to see him fretting about repairing and renting the house of  those who did not respect his efforts of time, money, and sweat that went into keeping this house as an inheritance.

My dad was trying to do exactly what this Bible verse says. I'm not sure as I would have been as patient and kept as focused on his end goal as my dad has been. We have all been very blessed to have had him in our lives. A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just. Proverbs 13:22

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Caregiving Video: 5 Tips to Become a Better Caregiver- Tips for Dementia Caregivers
By: Cindy Keith, M.I.N.D. ( Moving In Nurturing Directions) via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog