The Big Scheme of Things

But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. Matthew 15: 5-6

Yesterday, I was thinking about how truly blessed I've been to have my Dad move here 2 1/2 years ago. Yest, there have been lots of up and downs, but they don't really seem to matter in the big scheme of things.

My dad used to live half way across the country and I only got to fly out and see him once a year. Sure we had a nice time when I would visit Dad and his wife, but the trip flew by all too quickly. I tried to call Dad each week, but it's not the same thing.

Never did I ever guess that my Dad would request to come live with us and to help him with his medical condition. Although my dad didn't know he had Parkinson's Disease at the time, he probably knew something was wrong and it was more than he wanted his wife to care for when she had a bad back, at the time.

Regardless of the reasons, my Dad's being here has been a sense of joy in my life! Regardless of the ups and downs, I've gotten to know my dad on a whole new level and feel blessed for that opportunity. Due to doctor's recommendations, Dad eventually went to the State Veteran's Home where they could provide more medical care than we were able to give, due to his frequent falls and his getting pneumonia often. I look forward to the days we go see him each week. I am truly blessed to have had this extra time with my dad! But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. Matthew 15: 5-6

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Caregiving Video: Art Therapy Benefits Seniors with Memory Challenges
By: Jessica Kulczycki, Reinberger, Judson Park, Judson Smart Living via You Tube




Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog