Christ Gave Me the Idea to Try It Myself

The glory of young men is their strength: and beauty of old men is the gray head. Proverbs 20:29

Dad had just come back from a stay at the smaller hospital in his town. I could see the remnants under his thick thumbnail of some spaghetti he had eaten in the hospital. I've requested the podiatrist to trim that scarred nail when he comes to trim Dad's toenails, but that only minimally happens. I've previously asked others in the hospital to trim it, but no one feels competent to tackle that thick, scarred thumbnail.

The thing is, it was getting long and looked like Dad almost poked his eye when he was trying to remove the sleepy sand. (I looked up the technical term for sleepy sand and they called it Rheum.) I also didn't want him rubbing his eye with that thickened thumbnail with spaghetti under it.

Christ gave me the idea to try to cut it myself. I had to use the big clippers we had purchased that we kept in his dresser. I just slowly kept clipping away a little of the thick scarred portion of this nail, but eventually, it was at an acceptable length where I wasn't worried. I was always worried that I might hurt Dad, that the scarred part under his nail was sensitive with nerve endings that I might cut into, but that wasn't the case. Most likely, that's what the other people thought, as well. I'm glad it worked out, because now I can do it myself when I go see Dad each week. Yeah! The glory of young men is their strength: and beauty of old men is the gray head. Proverbs 20:29

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: CNA Christina, SacMed Training Video Tutorials via You Tube


 

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog