His Health Wasn't As Bad as I Thought

The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him. Proverbs 20:7

I had family with me when I went to visit Dad on Father's Day. Mostly, Dad seemed O.K. There were subtle things he said about his car that concerned me. He said something about his car being out front, (which would be in front of the Veteran's Home where he resides.) Dad had chosen to give his car to his grandson several years prior to that after they found that he had Macular Degeneration on top of his Parkinson's Disease.

After I explained that he had given the car to his grandson several years ago, he asked again about the car as if I hadn't said it. I got concerned that he either had a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) or was having another bout of pneumonia, both which disorient him and cloud his perception of things. Before I left, I asked if they would request that the doctor check Dad out the next time he came to the Veteran's Home.

Concerned, I called the Veteran's Home the next day and they told me that Dad was doing just fine. I was so surprised! In the past, Dad's being disoriented signaled that some type of medical issue was going on, but it seemed to not be the case this time. I was surprised, delighted, and puzzled all at once. Maybe Dad was just overly tired and wasn't thinking clearly when we saw him. Who knows? I am glad he's doing fine and I am glad we are blessed with this extra time we have with Dad. The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him. Proverbs 20:7

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By:  Dr. Alicia Arbaje, abc, WMAR-TV.flv via You Tube
 

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog