Creating Memories to Last a Lifetime!


Hebrew 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.
 
 Someone recently asked me at church if I travel. I explained that right now, my priorities are more focused on doing things with family, spending time with my dad, grandkids and going to visit family that live some distance away.

I didn't feel envious of this person asking me this. Actually, she is probably one of the most humble people I've ever met. I think she was just making small talk, because I don't know her well. I think Christ has given me this peace and helps me to focus on what's truly important in my life.

The funny thing is, traveling and vacationing seems very frivolous to me right now. We did that in the earlier years of our marriage, but it all seems superficial and being with family feels good. Thanks to Christ's blessing us with this extra time with Dad, we are creating memories, both for me and other generations of family, to last a lifetime!  Hebrew 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.

Caregiving Tips Video:Family Responsibility in Caring for the Elderly
By:Angie Rosendahl, Holland Christian Psych, Developmental Issues Project via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog