Old Photos...

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

We were sent a box of old family photos from a relative that is downsizing. I saved the box for a time when I could go through the pictures with Dad, because it's sometimes hard for him to handle things like that without them falling. My big concern was that if he had dropped pictures on the floor when I wasn't there, he might try to pick them up himself and might fall. Dad sometimes forgets that he has Parkinson's Disease and thinks he can just get out of his wheelchair and do what needs to be done, like bending over to pick things up.

The thing is, the vast majority of the pictures didn't have anybody's names on them and my dad couldn't remember who they were. There were lots of big family gatherings photographed, but I was unaware if my dad, grandmother, or great-grandfather were in any of them. I wasn't sure what to do with all the pictures.

After prayerfully contemplating this for some time, I decided to go through the pictures again when I got home, so I can compare family pictures I have here with those he was given. Then, if there are photos of people we can't identify, I plan to send them to my dad's second cousin, so she can compare them with her photos. She's done a much better job of keeping up with the family over the generations. It feels like a good fit for these photos and she was delighted with the idea of receiving more pictures of loved ones! Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.

By: 

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog