Preparing for the Parade

Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. Proverbs 22:15

The Veteran's Home where my dad resides was having a parade to celebrate the 64th Anniversary of the Korean War Armistice being signed. When we talked to Dad about it, he was excited, but said that he had no uniform. After prayerful consideration about this, we remembered that a widow had given my husband Korean War Association shirts to pass on. Well, my dad belonged to the same Korean War Association, but we hadn't bought him shirts, because he couldn't attend the meeting. We realized that this was a perfect fit for those shirts, both figuratively and literally!

You should have seen my dad's eyes light up when my husband and I arrived the night before the parade and gave him a choice between a long sleeve and short sleeve shirts. My dad chose the long sleeve shirt. We set it out with pants and a cap, so that the attendants could dress Dad for the parade the next morning.

Having that uniform shirt made such a big difference for my dad's self-esteem. We had renewed his membership in the Korean War Association each year, but he didn't truly feel like a member without the uniform. The widow's gift made such a major difference for my dad! We can never thank her enough!

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: 

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog