Dad's Giving to Others

He who has a generous eye will be blessed, For he gives of his bread to the poor. Proverbs 22:9 NJKV

Years ago, when we used to go visit Dad in another state, he would tell how upset he was about the people who would sneak up to his house and take the oranges and lemons off of his tree. At first, I thought that he had so many that it didn't hurt anything, but later realized that it's the principal of the thing! He wanted people to be forthright and honest the same way that he is.

I was pleased to find out that he and his wife were actually very generous with their oranges and their lemons. They would take big boxes of them to their local Senior Center, so they might share in the bounty of the fruits of my dad's labors.

My dad was so proud of those oranges and lemons. The oranges grew on that tree year round, which is very unusual. Usually, they ripen in the winter time, but there would be ripe oranges on his tree even when we came to visit them in the summers. The lemons also grew year round, although that's not normally the case. Dad's lemons were so big that they looked like grapefruit. My dad is a very generous man, but humble. He didn't tell us about sharing them with the Senior Center for a long time. I'm so proud of him!

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: ShawTV Edmonton, Val Dash, Ross Brander, Jessica, Ken Common via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog