Saddened as I Saved the Post Formats to Draft

Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar. Proverbs 30:5-6 NKJV

On this blog, I generally have the post format ready to go and save them as drafts for times when I have enough time to write a post and schedule it to come out some time in the future. I had run out of the draft post formats where I have a Bible verse or two related to being a parent or advice from God on child rearing. (Actually, the one today, is just more a reminder for me, as a Christian blogger.) The last few days, I have been skimming through the Psalms and through Proverbs, noting verses that I could use on the A Christian Caregiver post formats that I create ahead.

I have added all these posts and saved them to draft, but found I was extremely sad. I'm trying to be prayerful about all of this. I think it has to do with Dad's wife recently passing. It triggers the realization that I quite often push to the back of my mind, that there will be a time that my dad is going to pass, as well. There will be a time, hopefully a long time in the future, where I will be writing the A Christian Caregiver posts and my dad will have passed, too, I will be writing from memory.

I have known for the three and a half years, since my dad moved to my area, so we could help him with his health issues, that this is an inevitable reality. I still feel so sad, because the thoughts I have pushed to the back of my mind, reality has come to the forefront again, which it does from time to time. This time, it makes me sadder, because I am still grieving the loss of my dad's wife, but know how much I will truly miss my dad, although I count on him being in a better place, without pain, where his feet work or it doesn't matter, a place where he is at peace with the Lord. 

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Dr. Graham Stokes, Bupa Health UK via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog