Surprised, but Pleased!

Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6 NKJV

We broke the news to my 90 year old Dad that his wife had passed away. My husband saw him the day we shared this sad news and again the next day. The night we returned home, I got a text from my daughter-in-law that she, my son, and grandson were going to visit my dad the next day. My son has been very close to his grandfather all these years. I was so proud of them to drive all those miles to be there to support their grandpa in his time of grief!

The next morning, I got a phone call from my daughter. She was asking me if I wanted to join her and the kids in going to visit her grandfather. Of course, I said yes! She didn't even know that her brother and family were going to be there, too, when she called and asked. She just wanted to go and be a support to her grandfather. I shouldn't have been so surprised when they both independently decided to go visit their grandfather. I couldn't have been more pleased and so was he!!!

My dad enjoyed having his two grandchildren and three great-grandchildren there for moral support. When we got there, Dad was playing dominoes with my son. My dad used to be an avid domino player and still is the champ! Although my dad looked to still be deep in thought, he smiled and enjoyed all the time together with his family. For a little while, he had some joy in his aching heart.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: 4 HD New York Nightly News, Roslyn Auberbach, Phyllis Johnson, Charlotte Dell, Dr. Zachary Palace via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog