Developing a Plan for Dad's Weight

There is a generation that curses its father, And does not bless its mother. There is a generation that is pure in its own eyes, Yet is not washed from its filthiness. Proverbs 30:11-12 NKJV

Dad was hoping to go to a family graduation, but it depended if he were strong enough. Part of that related to whether he gained some weight back. I met with the nurse at the Veteran's Home again to discuss my dad's eating, further.

I had been prayerfully contemplating this since the first conversation. I got to thinking that Dad's weight loss may be related to his wife's passing a few months ago. I shared this with the nurse and she agreed that would explain the weight loss. 

I told her that I didn't want to see my dad dwindle down to 128 like he had some time ago, but she had shared with me that although he had lost 25-30 pounds, he had gained about ten pounds back.

I asked if they couldn't give my dad the special ice cream nutritional supplements instead of the liquid ones. We jointly agreed that if he continues to gain weight back on his ground diet with the nutritional supplements, we would leave him on that food plan. If my dad kept loosing weight, I wanted to invoke the waiver for Dad to be put back on a whole food plan, with all meat cut in small pieces. She was very supportive of that. 

Not only that, she was supportive about Dad's being able to go to the graduation being in God's very capable hands and we'd just prepare for it, unless it becomes evident that's not a possibility.


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog