Oh, No! It's Green and Dad Won't Eat!

Correct your son, and he will give you rest; Yes, he will give delight to your soul. Proverbs 29:17 NKJV

Oh, No! It's Green and Dad won't eat is all too real, although it sounds pretty funny. My dad, the one who made me sit down and eat broccoli, cabbage and other healthy vegetables, against my will, now won't eat any of these.

I guess that wouldn't be too terrible, but he won't eat anything on his plate if something green is on it. So, if he were to have Chicken Fried Steak, his favorite food, he wouldn't eat anything on that plate if they put a green vegetable on it. When we take Dad out to eat, I have to look for substitutions like mashed potatoes and gravy, which most restaurants will allow you to do.

Fortunately, at Dad's Veteran's Home, they have a list of foods the Veteran doesn't like, so they don't even put these foods on his plate. That's wonderful, unto itself, that they would cater to the likes and dislikes of so many different Veterans. I've been very impressed!

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog