Asking Staff for Money

Let your father and your mother be glad, and let her who bore you rejoice. Proverbs 23:25 NKJV

Dad started asking the staff at the group home for money. I guess it's got to be difficult to not have a wad of money in the wallet that used to be in your back pocket. I think having cash on him, tells my dad that he's still a capable person. I think it also has something to do with independence, which he didn't have much of, at this point.

All I know is that he kept asking them for money after I had told him that he's not allowed to have money there. Sometimes residents can get confused and take money, thinking it's theirs.  My discussions didn't really make sense to him, so I ended up buying Dad a safe. That way, he could keep a wallet with his money in it. It stopped Dad from asking staff for money.

I had to remember to show Dad the wallet with money periodically when he'd say he wished he had some money. He doesn't really want to spend it. He just wants to have it, because as I said, it makes him feel more capable and independent.


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Ahlzheimer's Association, Cut via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog