Weekly Dinners Out

The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice, And he who begets a wise child will delight in him. Proverbs 23:24 NKJV

Dad lived us for a year after he moved in with us. Eventually, the doctors said Dad had to go elsewhere to get additional medical care. Dad was very fortunate to go to a group home, which was a big blessing after his experience in a nursing home while he was recuperating after pneumonia. 

In order to make the transition from out home to the group home easier, we decided to take Dad out to dinner once a week. His favorite is Denny's or Mom's Cafe. He is a big biscuits and gravy  or chicken fried steak fan. As long as it had gravy on it, he was happy.

We really enjoyed this weekly outings with Dad like we used to do while he still lived with us. I think they made Dad feel still loved, although he was no longer living with us. In reality, they probably helped me more than they helped Dad, because I was having a hard time adjusting to Dad not living in our home with us. I felt like I had failed my responsibility to help Dad get healthy again, although nothing I could have done would accomplish that.


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Cas Desilva via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog