Infections, Here, There and Everywhere!

Listen to your father who begot you, And do not despise your mother when she is old. Proverbs 23:22 NKJV

I don't know if my dad had a staff infection or what, but it seemed that Dad had infections here, there and everywhere! His eyes were goopy, his wouldn't wouldn't heal right and needed cleaning and new dressings often. 

Fortunately for me, the kind staff at the group home tended to most of this. When I would go visit Dad, he wanted me to put the ointment into his eyes or tend to some of the more minor things, like washing his dentures. I have to remember it's difficult for my dad to ask others to help him. It doesn't always bother him as much when I'm assisting him, because daughters are supposed to help their Dad. It's written in the Daughters Handbook!!!!

Anyway, I had a cut it must have gotten infected from helping Dad. It started oozing, turned red around it, was warm to the touch and wouldn't heal. I showed it to my doctor and she had to prescribe some powerful antibiotic ointment for it. I never told my dad about my getting an infection from helping him, because he would have felt terrible. I did purchase some plastic gloves to use when I cleaned his dentures, etc. I feel so blessed to have this extra time with my dad, infections and all.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog