The Flip Side-Doctor's Appointments

The glory of young men is their strength, And the splendor of old men is their gray head. Proverbs 20:29 NKJV

At the E R they told me I'd have to see an Orthopedic Surgeon as soon as I got home. Fortunately, my husband was able to contact our insurance while we were still out of state to find an approved Orthopedic Surgeon in our network. 

Additionally, my primary care physician put through the referral for the Orthopedic Surgeon. On top of that, God had it all come together seamlessly with getting an appointment with that same Orthopedic Surgeon the same day we returned.

Fortunately, the shuttle driver had picked us up at the airport with a wheelchair, since I can't walk on my broken heel. We got to our home around 1:30 a.m. We had to quickly figure out how to get me into bed and prop my leg up, so I could get some sleep before my 10 a.m. appointment with the Orthopedic Surgeon that morning.

I've been so blessed that we had my dad's transport chair here to take me to the appointment. After examining the xrays from the ER and the new xrays they took in the office, the Orthopedic Surgeon said I need a CT scan of my foot to determine if the break needed surgery. I was fitted with a new temporary cast, because they had to cut the other one off for the xrays.

 We got the CT scan done the following day. Again, my dad's transport chair came in handy for appointments. We took the CD of the scan to the Orthopedic Surgeon's office. I was so pleased I didn't need surgery afterall. Additionally, was pleased, because the doctor said I could go to a prearranged family gathering as long as I rode in the backseat of the car with my leg propped up. Yeah!



Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: BRBJ Foot & Ankle via Youtube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog