The Flip Side-Isolation

For He has strengthened the bars of your gates; He has blessed your children within you. Psalm 147:13 NKJV

When my dad first moved here four years ago, I know he had to deal with feelings of Isolation. Sure he got to see my husband, my kids and grandkids quite often, but there are other people he used to get to see regularly, but couldn't because of the distance. Although he didn't complain about it much, I know it had to be difficult for him. Fortunately, now, Dad resides in a nice Veteran's Home where he has developed friendships with others.

After I fell and broke my heel, I was told I couldn't walk on it for around three months. Within a matter of minutes, I went from being a caregiver to being a caregivee. During the healing time, I went through some feelings of isolation, as well. I still got to see my local family and a neighbor who would stop by periodically, which was nice. I sent texts and emailed people on occasion, but didn't really feel like I had much to share. I didn't want to bore people with a play-by-play of my gradual progress, so I didn't contact people all that often.

It still can get kind of lonely sitting there and sitting there and sitting there, for what feels like an eternity. Fortunately for me, I had my faith in Christ to rely on. I was able to prayerfully contemplate so many different things with Him, I never really felt alone-that's because I wasn't. Christ was always there with me, even in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep, He was always there to comfort me. I am truly blessed!


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Tufts Health Plan Foundation, Dale Mitchell, Jean Patel Bushnell, Ruth Palambo, Dan O'Leary via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog