Back to Dad-His Cough, but God Took It Out of My Hands

My son, do not forget My law, But let your heart keep My commands; For the length of days and long life And peace they will add to you. Proverbs 3:1-2

I had been overseeing Dad's care for the last four and a half years. He, now, lived in a State Veteran's Home, because the doctors said that his Parkinson's Disease and frequent bouts of pneumonia required Dad to have skilled nursing 24/7. 

Dad had a cough and some phlegm, which didn't seem out of the ordinary. I had even seen him spit it into what we call his "Spit Cup", but I didn't see any green or yellow coloration from where I was sitting. Still Dad continued to cough for me, so I would know that he has that gurgly sound in his throat. I asked him a couple of times if I could tell the nurses, he told me not to bother them with it.  

Fortunately for me, God took it out of my hands. One of the physical therapy assistants came to give Dad a treatment. She noticed that he had a gurgly cough. She got the gadget for telling his pulse and took his blood pressure. She, also, got some of the nurses to come down and look at Dad. They decided to have Dad get a chest X-ray. I found out the next day that Dad had the start of pneumonia. They had caught it early enough that they were able to get Dad started on antibiotics, so he could stay right there at the Veteran's Home where he is most comfortable. I was so thankful that they caught it early again, so that he didn't have to go to the hospital!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog