Back to Dad-MRSA

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding: In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Dad's lived in this area and I've been overseeing his care for the last four and a half years. I feel so blessed to have had all this extra time with my dad. He eventually moved into the State Veteran's Home, because the doctors felt he needed Skilled Nursing 24/7 for his Parkinson's Disease and frequent bouts of pneumonia.

Dad had recently been diagnosed with the early stages of pneumonia. That's common occurrence for people with Parkinson's Disease, or at least, that's what I've read. I called the Veteran's Home today to make sure they were able to get Dad on some Probiotics. Several years ago, before he went to the Veteran's Home, he had been given a powerful antibiotic without also getting Probiotics and got C Diff and had to be put in isolation, because it's very contagious bowel condition.

When I talked to the nurse, Dad was already on Probiotics, but had another issue. They had taken an culture and it was positive for MRSA. Dad is now on quarantine for the next 14 days while they have him on this new antibiotic for it. Anyone who goes in to see him has to wear a cap and a gown, because it's also highly contagious. Since I go see my dad every week, I asked if I might have passed the MRSA on to my grandkids. She asked if I had a constant cough, which I don't have, although I occasionally have a sinus cough. She said that she could tell by my voice that I was fine and not to worry. I will be donning the mask and gown this week when I go see Dad, because it's important for me to be there to support him in health and in sickness. He was there for me all those years when I was growing up whether I was healthy or sick. 

Also, I will bring new toothpaste and multiple toothbrushes and mouthwash for his dentures, so he doesn't keep reinfecting himself.

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog