No More MRSA!

My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, Nor detest His correction; For whom the Lord loves He corrects, Just as a father the son in whom he delights. Proverbs 3:11-12

We went to visit Dad the day before his isolation ended from the MRSA. Actually, we had gone to visit family, but when we do that, we try to swing by on the way back home and visit Dad. I was especially glad, because I wanted to see how he was doing, because he had been in isolation for 14 days, because of the MRSA.

Dad looked pretty good, but wasn't back to his old self again, although I could tell he was on the mend. It was well worth the stop to see how he had progressed, because it's difficult being so far away that I can't see him at any given moment. When Dad had lived in the Group Home in our town, I could go see him whenever he wanted or needed me. 

That was the down-side of his living at the Veteran's Home, but almost everything else was a positive. They are very senior-friendly there. Many of their staff go out of their way to stop by and visit Dad, especially the PT Staff.  Also, they pay close attention to Dad and know when his health isn't up to Parr. They call in a mobile chest x-ray and have identified his having pneumonia at least ten different times that saved him from having to go to the hospital. That's the ideal, because it feels like home to Dad. I am very thankful for all the Veteran's Home does for my Dad!


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog