Dad's in the Small Hospital

My son, let them not depart from your eyes- Keep sound wisdom and discretion; So they will be life to your soul and grace to your neck. Then you will walk safely in your way, And your foot will not stumble. When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet. Proverbs 3:21-24

We got the call that they were taking Dad to the hospital, since his lips were a deep purple. Fortunately, his vital signs were good, but it was pretty scary so soon after Dad having MRSA. I am very blessed to have a husband who has been very supportive of me and my dad. I told him that I really wanted to go to get a hotel, so we could see Dad for several days while he was in the hospital.

My husband got on the phone and scheduled the room and we were off and heading to the hospital later that same day. I think it's reassuring to Dad to have us there. We have found that it works better for us to go to the hospital, go get something to eat, go to the hospital, go run errands and go back, so that we visit him around three or four times a day. It allows Dad to rest in between and Dad does better when the hospital staff feeds him, instead of me. I think he doesn't want his daughter "Momming him," although he doesn't mind if the staff feeds him.

We were so glad that Dad was able to go to the Small Hospital in town instead of the bigger hospital about 30 miles from him. The staff in the Small Hospital are very sensitive to the needs of the senior. My dad likes to go to the bathroom. The staff takes him to the bathroom or helps him get on the bedside commode. At the big hospital, they would get frustrated when Dad wanted to actually go to the bathroom and they would just hand him a bedpan. My dad doesn't use a bedpan! Again, it was such a relief that he was in the smaller, Senior Friendly hospital. 


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog