Dad's Doing the Best that He Can-Which Is Pretty Good!

My son, if you become surety for your friend, If you have shaken hands in pledge for a stranger, You are snared by the words of your mouth; You are taken by the words of your mouth. So do this, my son, and deliver yourself; For you have come into the hand of your friend: Go and humble yourself; Plead with your friend. Proverbs 6:1-3

A few blog posts ago, I wrote to you about how devastated I was that Dad weighed 132 pounds and I near cried on the shoulders of one of the Physical Therapy Assistants. It was now a few weeks later and I knew that Dad's weight was under a 130 pounds when I saw the Physical Therapist Assistant again.

She asked me how Dad was doing. I told her that Dad's doing the best that he can. She asked me how Dad was doing, again. I again said, "He's doing the best that he can, [but added] which is pretty good!" She smiled and she left.

I've prayerfully contemplated that since then. It took the God's working through the Physical Therapist's Assistant's questions to help me learn to focus not on his low body weight and the eventual outcome, but on the good things. Dad is in a good mood. He's happy about his haircut. Dad enjoyed his cheesecake with lunch. He was really doing a great job of pointing out which cards to move for our joint-Solitaire game and he's looking forward to us coming again next week. I'm very blessed that Christ refocuses me when I loose my focus. 

Caregiver Tips: Tips for Cancer Caregivers Experiencing Fatigue
By: Dr. Carmen Escalante, MD Anderson Cancer Center via You Tube



These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog