Watch Out for the Slicky Suit Boys!

A worthless person, a wicked man, Walks with a perverse mouth; He winks with his eyes, He shuffles his feet, He points with his fingers; Perversity is in his heart, He devises evil continually, He sows discord. Therefore his calamity shall come suddenly; Suddenly he shall be broken without remedy. Proverbs 6:12-15

This passage reminded me of something my dad said to me when my husband and I were preparing to take a trip to South Korea. Several years ago, my husband had won a free ticket there and we our frequent flyer miles to buy a ticket for me. 

My dad told us both to watch out for the Slicky Suit Boys! We were confused. He explained how these guys dressed up in nice suits, I think he said pinstriped suits, to confuse you into thinking they are on the up and up, but they try to steal you blind. My dad's warning reminds me of the passage above.

We kept our eyes out for the Slicky Suit Boys and saw nothing of the kind. It's been a long time since Dad was in the Korean War and lots has changed, at least in all the areas where we traveled. Upon writing this, I looked up Slicky Suit Boys on Google and found that the common term back then is the Slicky Boys. My dad must have encountered some wearing suits, thus his warning. Fortunately for us, Christ warns us to not keep company with those who do similarly.


Caregiver Tips: Caregiver Training: Hallucinations/UCLA Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
By: UCLA Health, Dr. Linda Ercoli via You Tube





These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog