Dad Gained a Pound and a half! Yeah!

My son, keep your father's command, And do not forsake the law of your mother. Bind them continually upon your heart; Tie them around your neck. When you roam, they will lead you; When you sleep, they will keep you; And when you awake, they will speak with you. Proverbs 6:20-22

I thought about going and asking the charge nurse in Dad's Veteran's Home about how much he weighed. I decided to not do it then. I remembered the last time that I asked early in the visit and found out that he only weighed 132. It was hard for me to keep a happy face through the rest of the visit, although I tried.

It was so upsetting that the following week, I didn't even ask what Dad's weight was. This time, I knew his weight was even less, because I had called during the weekend and found out that Dad's weight a week ago was 129.8. I decided to wait until after my visit with Dad before asking about his current weight. 

I slowly went up to the nurses station and asked the question I dreaded. I was extremely delighted when I found out that Dad had gained a pound and a half! Yeah!  


Caregiver Tips: Caregiver Training: Hallucinations/UCLA Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
By: UCLA Health, Dr. Linda Ercoli via You Tube



These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog