Dad's Got a U.T.I.

My son, keep my words, And treasure my commands within you. proverbs 7:1

I got a call last weekend from the nurse at the Veteran's Home where Dad is. She said that she noticed blood in his Depends and thought he had a Urinary Tract Infection. Dad hasn't had any for two or three years and this is the first one he's gotten since he went to live at the Veteran's Home. 

I asked her if Dad was disoriented, because that happened every time he would get a U.T.I. in the past. She said that she had noticed he wasn't himself, because he was holding his cup, as if to drink it, and had his two fingers sticking in the cup. I explained that in the past, he used to think he was on the farm, which was something from his childhood. Actually, his being disoriented would be the thing that would tip me off that he had another Urinary Tract Infection.

Caregiver Tips: Wednesday Workshop: Tips for Late Stage Dementia Caregivers
By: Alzheimer's Care Resource Center via You Tube


She told me that after they got the results back from the test on Dad's urine, they would determine which antibiotic to use. I felt better knowing he would get better soon.

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog