The Long Trip to See Family

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. For by Me your days will be multiplied, and years of life will be added to you. Proverbs 9:10-11

Well, we had left the meeting at the Nursing Home where the head nurse on Dad's wing had kindly let me know that she didn't see that Dad was going to bounce back from his continued loss of weight and wanting to sleep more and more.

These thoughts would traveled through my head as we made the long trip out of state to go visit family. I kept trying to turn this haunting thought over to Christ's very capable hands each time and tried to focus on us continuing to enjoy all the remaining time we have left with Dad.

I had to debate whether to share this information with the younger generations of family, but realized that they had been aware for some time that their Grandpa's health was declining. He knew of many of the major health issues that he had and that they seemed to be occurring more frequently. in fact, when I would email or text family telling them that we were coming to visit, I would always tell them that it depends on how Grandpa's health was doing at the time. They were always supportive and didn't make me feel guilty the several times I wasn't able to make the trip there, because Grandpa had pneumonia. After being prayerful about this, I didn't feel they needed more info and already knew what lie ahead, without hearing every single detail.

Care Giving Tips Video: Early Onset Dementia, Love and Patience--Karen and Jack's Story
By: Karen, Jack, VHA Home Health Care via You Tube
Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog