Not So Good This Time

Galatians 3: 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 

We saw Dad on Tuesday, but decided to go see him again on Friday. We can't always go twice a week, but enjoy it whenever we can. He was doing pretty well on Tuesday, although he stayed in bed and we had lunch with him in his room.

When I went to his room, the Veteran's Home attendants were changing Dad, so I walked up and down the hall to exercise my foot. He was dressed and in his wheelchair and they wheeled him into the smaller adjoining lunch area. I had the deck of cards and Dad and I played his special Solitaire game that he had played daily for 30 or 40 years before the Parkinson's Disease got too bad.

We play Solitaire together and he points to where he wants me to place the cards. This activity allows us to have some fun together, but it has the added benefit, in that, it works like a dip-stick for me. Today, Dad had a more difficult time focusing. He was weaker, but I did notice that as the day went on and people came and told him how well he looked, he started perking up. Although his health was not so good this time, he had a lot more energy by the time we left. It's amazing how the positive comments of others can so positively affect a person and their health.

Care Giving Tips Video: The Science of Lewy Body Dementia
By: Hank Green, SciShow via You Tube
Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog