I Needed to Remind Myself

1 John 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

In the last post, I talked about how I had been so hungry on a train trip to visit family, because I had been told that my dad needed a CT Scan. I hadn't been putting my stress and worry into Christ's very capable hands.  Now that I'm back home where I get better cell coverage, I called the veteran's home yesterday where my dad resides, because of his Parkinson's Disease. I asked about the results of the CT Scan, but she said that it was scheduled for a week from then.

I asked her how Dad was doing and she said that he's not wanting to eat or to get up out of bed, although she encourages the staff to coax him out of bed, if at possible, because it keeps his lungs stronger. I asked her if Dad was refusing to eat desserts, his favorite food. He would just live on desserts if he had a choice. She said that she was told that he had been refusing to eat his dessert, although he would drink the shake mix like Ensure and eat the fortified ice cream, at times. She let me know that my dad had said, "That he was through!" Her impression was that he wasn't through with his meal, but through trying to fight to stay strong, that he was giving up.

So, last night, I felt like I could have eaten the doorknobs off, again. I had a full meal for dinner and felt compelled to lick the plate off, and still felt I needed more to eat. I had two oranges, but still was hungry and ended up eating some cottage cheese and crushed pineapple in it's own juice. You'd think I'd remember the recent realization Christ gave me that my extreme hunger was related to my concerns about my dad, but did I? No! I was prayerful about why I was so hungry, and Jesus had it on my heart that my urge to eat again, was due to my stress and worry about my dad. Again, I needed to pray and turn this over to Christ's very capable hands and trust Him to get me through what lies ahead.

Care Giving Tips Video:What Is Lewy Body Disease?
By: Paul Warble, Terri Stoll, Susan Shapiro, Dr. Subramanian,  8 wgaltv via You Tube
Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog