I Was Hungrier Than Usual

Ephesians 1: 8 Wherein He hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence. 9 Having made known unto us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He had purposed in Himself.

I was on the train going to visit family. I felt extremely hungry at times where I wouldn't normally. As I thought about it, I realized I had eaten enough food, but still was so hungry I could eat the doorknobs off. 

Then, there were times on the trip there and the trip back that my stomach was so upset that I thought that I might throw up, but I didn't understand it, at that point. I thought I was experiencing motion sickness, but that really wasn't what was going on.

When I prayerfully contemplated this, after arriving home, Jesus helped me to better understand what was going on. On my first night on the train, I had gotten a call from my dad's veteran's home and they told me that they were going to do a chest x-ray on him, because they thought he had another bout of pneumonia.  The next day, they called me and told me that they didn't have pneumonia, as they had thought, but that it was suggested that Dad got a CT Scan. I asked the nurse what they suspected, but she didn't know. Christ showed me that it was my worry about my dad's well-being that had caused me to feel like eating and eating, even after I had eaten enough substantial food to hold me through to the next meal. 

I have to continue to be mindful of this, because when I have the eat the door knobs off, it means that I'm trying to deal with my stress or worry on my own and I'm not putting it in Christ's very capable hands, trusting Him to get me through what lies ahead.

Care Giving Tips Video: What is Dementia with Lewy Bodies?
By: Alzheimer's Society via You Tube
Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog