I Wanted More Time

Matthew 9: 12 But when Jesus heard that, He said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. 13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

I'm really using this particular Bible passage, because of the literal meaning of they that are sick. Earlier in the week, the nurse the Veteran's Home had told me that Dad had said something about giving up. I shared with my husband that I wanted to spend the night in the local hotel near the Veteran's Home, so I could spend an extra day with him when we went there to see him.

They got Dad up, so he could go with us to lunch. He didn't eat much, but never does and is eating less and less these days, although he did drink the chocolate milkshake that my husband got him. After about 45 minutes, my dad let us know that he was extremely uncomfortable and had pain from sitting that length of time. My husband wheeled Dad back to the room and the aides helped him into bed. 

I took a used cup from his night stand and took it to the dining area to put with the meal cart. I almost stepped on the nurse and when I turned around, she mentioned that I needed to seriously consider getting Hospice services for Dad in that he said he had given up. I put the idea off for another week, secretly hoping that just that my presence would be enough to cheer him up and motivate him to have a renewed interest in living, but it didn't. Maybe, I'm the one who is sick, heartsick, because I'm greedy and want my dad to pull through one more time! Of course, I probably will always want a little more time with Dad. 


Care Giving Tips Video: What Is Lewy Body Dementia?
By: Max Lugavere via You Tube 
Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog