I Had Special Motives for Talking to the Minister After the Funeral

James 5: 13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. 14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 

We had visited Dad in the Veteran's Home earlier in the day, me with hopes of encouraging my dad to have a new zest for living, since I had heard from the nurse that he said he had given up. Later that day, my husband and I went to the funeral of a friend. I knew the minister some, because sat together with my friend's wife at one of the outside commemorations for Veteran's. 

After the service, I went to tell him that it had been an inspiring service. I had hoped he'd go and pray over my dad and give him the will to live, but that's not what his job is, so I didn't ask that. Instead, I prayed for him to pray for my dad and that my dad's faith in Christ is sufficient to join him in heaven when Jesus calls him. He agreed to do so. 

Instead of being reassured like I should have been, I ate much more than usual, hiding my fears about my dad's in all that I ate. I need to keep reminding myself that I need to put all of this in Christ's very capable hands! You wouldn't think I'd forget, but I've been doing that far too much lately!
Care Giving Tips Video: Understanding Lewy Body Dementia
By: Dr. Brad Boeve, Vivien Williams, Mayo Clinic via You Tube
Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog