Dad's Funeral

Romans 8: 1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

We were very fortunate that we had gotten advice from someone from the local Funeral Consumer's Alliance. They are a nonprofit organization that protects consumer's rights to choose a meaningful, dignified, and affordable funeral. She suggested two very reputable funeral homes in our area and we chose one for Dad and prepaid it several years ago, when he was going in and out of the hospital and the doctors didn't expect him to make it much longer. 

It was such a relief, knowing that all those details were already taken care of. I was felt good that Dad was no longer suffering and had passed peacefully. I was happy to have our immediate families with us and a couple of friends at the funeral at the National Cemetery. 

I was fine until they took the flag off of Dad's coffin and started to fold the flag. I put my hand over my mouth, because I was afraid that I might make some kind of noise as I cried. To top that all off, one of the soldiers handed me the flag and stared right into my eyes as he thanked me for my dad's service. It's at times that I think I'm holding it all together, when Christ shows me that I still have grief that I have to deal with, yet. I need to keep remembering to put this into Christ's very capable hands. 


Care Giving Tips Video:
By: 
Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog