Trying to Push Through Anyway!

John 6: 33 For the bread of God is He which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto Him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst. 

These are pretty amazing words, although I was thinking of it in a different way right now. After Dad's death, I tried to all the things that needed to be done in one day. I worked all day until late in the night, barely stopping to eat, which is unusual for me.

It didn't matter that I skipped meals, there was no way that I could possibly get everything done in one day, although I really gave it my best shot. When I get into the I's and Me's thinking, I'm not focusing on Christ's will for me. He wouldn't want me ignoring my family or eating to get this all done. In fact, most days when I worked so hard at trying to get it all done, I ended up with the pains in my head. 

It's a good indicator that I needed to let go of the I's and Me's and what I had planned, what I wanted to get done and listen when Christ lets me know that it was enough for now. I needed to trust the instincts that He gives me rather than push right through on my own timing.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse/s. Debbie


Caregiving Tips Video:
By:

Remember to discuss these video tips with a physician before implementing any of these!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog